I very much look forward to our meeting and learning more about your goals and challenges. In the meantime feel free to try this exercise.
1. Write down the top 5 things that you want to achieve.
2. Now write down the top 5 things that take you time and energy.
You should now have two lists of 5 items, feel free to write more if you desire. One of the aims of coaching is to align your impact and actions with your intent. I find this exercise helps explore intent and actions. Often the list of things we spend our time doing uncovers things we want to achieve but haven’t fully acknowledged. Equally, this tends to uncover things that we want to achieve but are not pursuing with purpose. Now ask yourself these questions.
- What do you notice about the two lists?
- How do you feel about them?
- Does anything on the first list require changes to the second?
- Does anything on the second list require changes to the first?
There are no wrong answers.